We want all beholders of IVO to have an enjoyable, friendly and safe experience. By engaging with IVO, every beholder accepts and agrees to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Beholders of IVO:
- Must not use IVO to send offensive or harassing material to other beholders;
- Must not publish defamatory and/or knowingly false material about any person, other beholders or entities;
- Must not reveal confidential information without permission, related to IVO or it’s beholders – including financial information and information relating to customers, business plans, policies, staff, and/or internal discussions relating to any entity;
- Must not take any action that could undermine the purpose of IVO;
- Must not plagiarize or violate copyright, database, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore, beholders will generally need the explicit permission from copyright owners of any existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyrighted material before using them;
- Can choose that, when they share knowledge, ideas or networks on the IVO platform, other beholders must first ask their permission, when they want to use this knowledge, ideas or networks for projects or initiatives;
- Can choose that, when they share knowledge, ideas or networks on the IVO platform, other beholders must ask, when they want to use this knowledge, ideas or networks for projects or initiatives, in what way the beholder(s) that shared the knowledge, ideas or networks, want to be involved in the projects and initiatives;
- Must not undertake any action that is unlawful, objectionable, disruptive, offensive, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially offensive, sexually offensive, or religiously offensive content. Please be respectful and civil to other beholders;
- Must not promote illegal behaviour. Actions of beholders must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts or copyright infringement;
- Must not misrepresent their origins. Actions and/or beholders names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or to give the impression that they emanate from IVO when is not the case;
- Must not undertake any flooding or spamming. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum.
- Are advised not to share certain personal information on the IVO platform. The IVO platform is intended to share knowledge, ideas and networks to build a more sustainable future, but is not intended for sharing personal information.
When these rules are violated, the IVO team will decide what will happen with the beholder(s) that violated the rules. If you reasonably believe that any action to the platform made by another beholder contravenes this Code of Conduct, please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IVO team will periodically revise the Code of Conduct from time to time by amending this page. Please visit this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made as they are legally binding.